The VSNU – the Association of Universities – is formed by the fourteen Dutch Universities. It represents its members to the government, the political world, and governmental and civil organisations. In addition, the VSNU is an employers’ organisation that consults with the government and trade unions about the employment conditions of the university sector (which employs around 43,000 people).
The Dutch universities are organisations with a public mission. They were created to enrich society in the Netherlands with their education, research and inventions. As such, they are eager to shed light on how they fulfil this social mission. You will find this information – plus information about other subjects – in this annual sector report.
- Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD)
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TUe)
- Universiteit Twente (UT)
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam (EUR)
- Universiteit Leiden (LEI)
- Universiteit Maastricht (UM)
- Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (Radboud)
- Tilburg University
- Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RU)
- Universiteit Utrecht (UU)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU)
- Open Universiteit (OU)
Life sciences, healthy food and living environment
The NFU website has information about the teaching and research hospitals in the Netherlands.